Monday, March 13, 2017

Windblown

It took a while for me to post this as I'm having a hard time figuring out how to post via Blogaway for Android on the set of GMA's Encantadia. I've been trying it for four days but it seems my drafts would forever remain as such on the said app; it's so bad it doesn't even sync with Blogger on my laptop. I thought it was just the bad signal but no :/ Annoying how this app makes me feel stupid. Time to delete!


Moving forward, I would just have to stop missing my old I-phone, accept that it's easier to blog on my laptop, look up, and be positive.

This was taken before hosting Sinag Maynila 2017's launch at SM Aura Premier's Sky Garden last Thursday. It was terribly windy but I still felt awesome thanks to the SM Store Glam Team (Max Factor & Phillips).

It was cool sharing a dressing room with France Got Talent Top3 Finalist Alienette Coldfire. She sings so well, even the bugs and in the grass were moved when she hit her clear high notes. Nakakakilabot. The audience was teary eyed after her rendition of her viral song "I Dreamed a Dream" in French :) Too bad I was so touched I forgot to snap a photo :/

After the Gong ceremony (to officially start the festival) we watched the opening film Asian 3-fold Mirror: Reflections.  Festival director Brillante Mendoza helmed the first one in the series which was about an undocumented OFW in Japan (Lou Veloso) deported after 30 years of service. His lack of purpose and funds upon forced retirement made him consider suicide in his homeland.

It's amazing how Direk Brillante was able to seam everything together sprinkling flashback and contrasting imagery of horses, coffins, and disfigured legs in one fluid tale that's almost poetic.


Catch Sinag Maynila Independent Films in selected cinemas in SM Megamall, SM North, Gateway and Glorietta until tomorrow, March 14. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment