Friday, September 4, 2015

PAT's Top 5 Moisturizers

As we're experiencing the worst El Niño ever this ber season, dams and agricultural lands are in danger of running dry.  Experts are coming up with ways on how to alleviate the situation.

Likewise, unavoidable exposure to the heat and pollution could make the skin dull, dry, irritated and unattractive.  Thank God we have some friends that can aid us in our plight. Here's my fab squad in battling skin scaliness and premature ageing in these times of distress:

1. Virgin Coconut Oil

      VCO is known to provide natural UV protection and prevent wrinkles. With its antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, some take this as a nutritional supplement to increase metabolism and reduce the risk of heart disease.    I use this to moisturize my gums and reduce the occurence of bleeding now that I'm pregnant (See oil pulling). It doubles as my waterproof eyeliner remover too.
VCO: versatility in a bottle 
2. Burt's Bees Handcream

      Who could say no to dessert? Sniffing the light scent of almond milk is just uplifting.

dessert for the skin
3. Creamy Moisturizing Oil

      Contrary to what most people think, oil slathering doesn't have to be greasy.  Aveeno's lightweight, easily absorbable formula works wonders even when it's hot and humid.
Creamy oil
4. Argan Oil

      I would have to agree when people refer to this as liquid gold.  Some brands are too sweet smelling for me; I like Skinstation (in bottle form),  Zen Nutrients (in balm form which I also use as my heavy makeup remover), and Color Collection (in lipgloss form).  Now that I'm discouraged from using synthetic perfumes, this somehow doubles as my scent at the moment.    
Argan Oil

5. Total Moisture Nourishing Lotion

      I've been using this for quite some time now; I like it because it minimizes the appearance of uneven skin, spots, and bumps.  I guess I really love oatmeal.
Oatmeal lotion

0 comments:

Post a Comment