Monday, July 23, 2018

Excited for Mutya Gold

Spirits sparkling like Swarovskies:
Lorraine Erum, yours truly, Kirby Basken, Vera Reiter & April Love Jordan

I'm excited for Mutya ng Pilipinas' 50th Anniversary.  It sure is fun to reunite with my sisters and reminisce the fun times (pre social media era haha!)  Too bad my great buddies Vera Reiter and Kat Rigets can't come home because they are both in their third trimester of pregnancy abroad; but I'm very much looking forward to having playdates with them soon :))

Mutya was the first national pageant I joined.  It's a funny story how I got in: I needed quality respondents for my college thesis.  I didn't get in Bb Pilipinas the year I wanted to graduate; I was too amature. So I fasted and prayed to all my favorite saints (St. Therese of Liseux, St. Paul of Tarsus & St. Jude Thaddeus) that I wouldn't embarrass myself too much so my professors wouldn't be ashamed to say I was one of their students.  Thankfully, Mama Renee, Kuya Rodgil, Ma'am Villy (God bless her soul in heaven) and UPSA led by the super awesome Kuya Ed were super supportive. I also had a boyfriend who could layout cool tarps (he practiced with colored cartolina) and organize my friends so they could boost my weary spirit. He's the best; I married him a decade after.

It was a really fun and relaxed pageant. Diamond Hotel was our home for almost a month!  The breakfast spreads were heavenly; thank heavens my metabolism was much faster when I was younger! haha.  It was so memorable ravaging the buffet with my foodie buddies Arfie Koc and Vera Reiter.  April Love Jordan lent some of her outfits from Mama Jonti Martinez & we adjusted the size with belts and pins.

My batch was fond of doing group hugs/huddles.  The best singers (including me! weeh!) got to record our own batch song/ opening number in an actual studio. We had a real vacation in Subic which lasted for several days & the videographers really captured genuine fun in the sun, sea & fields! But I think they forgot to handout the free sunblock when we were at the beach (thank you still, Coppertone!) & I got really tanned after.  The natural tan made my boobs appear bigger and my legs longer! It was truly a miracle from God; it made me "Best in Swimsuit".

Aside from the cash, crown & fun, I also bagged shoes from Rusty Lopez, photos from the great Ross Capili, a year's supply of Stresstabs, and a deep pore facial from Calayan :p Bobson Jeans sponsored my casual outfits and Mama Renee glammed me up for all my formal events after.  Thank you, Lord!

Such happy times :) I'm really looking forward to celebrate Mutya Gold with family this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment