Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Decluttering In Vain



Halloween Trampoline Everyday
Halloween trampoline = old costumes + firm mattress 

We attempted to declutter earlier but I realized it's hard to let go of the things we saved for when we first learned we were having a baby.  I got too sentimental. I tried to shoo away the feeling.  Instead of putting the stuff in the warehouse or in the laundry area, I figured someone else should make better use of some of the baby furniture and toys.  My sister-in-law is having a new baby but I think they already have the stuff they need.  We don't have a lot of toys (compared to some of our friends) but we don't have that much space either.

So I was ready to move on to our "next chapter" but I found out today my 4-year-old isn't.  As soon as I started packing her infant to toddler rocker, she got wipes & organic spray and started wiping the dust. "Mom, why are you selling it? I love this chair! I could still fit in."

So I didn't.  They now pretend it's a spaceship.  With a lion assistant.  It's hers and I should respect that. I'll let hubby do the springcleaning some other time. I don't have the heart to do it.

My hubby's former office space upstairs got invaded by toys.  Thank God he now has a permit to go out for work otherwise he will lose his mind. haha

Some people ask, "Why do you let that happen?"  I dunno. I guess I pity them that they are deprived of their right to play outside, hug their friends, and explore as much as they want to because of the pandemic.  So I allow them a lot of leeway these days in the house.  They even built a fort right in the middle of the kitchen and living room & a collapsible foam slide (made of mattresses and blankets) in our former study.  To hell with the dryer's fee.  I even let Leji do some murals on the walls.  I want my own inn & cafe someday and Leji could decorate like Solenn :P

They're obsessed with cartoons combatting viruses.  This afternoon I gave them a treat. I bought a kilo of rambutan. Lej said they resembled the coronavirus in their videos; Leon squealed in delight as they chased each other with the fruits.  They didn't watch that much tv today.  They were preoccupied with the rambutan for several hours.

I kept saying several months back that I would never enroll my kids in a formal school unless scientists could come up with a good vaccine because they don't know the concept of social distancing.  But to my surprise, I think now they do.  My sister Aya visited us recently and when she asked them if they want to hug, they refused.  They distanced themselves from her and reminded her that there's a virus. haha.  So I guess when the time comes and they would request me if they could apply in a formal school, I think I will allow it.  I'll just make them bring their own writing materials and alcohol spray.

Catch Aya in her newest teleserye, Ang Sa Iyo Ay Akin on Kapamilya Channel!  Virtual elbow rub!

0 comments:

Post a Comment